绝学无忧。
|
Abandon learning, end your troubles. |
唯之与阿,
|
What difference between yes and no? |
相去几何?
|
What difference between good and bad? |
善之与恶,
|
Must you fear what others fear? |
相去若何?
|
How absurd! |
人之所畏,
|
People are cheerful, |
不可不畏。
|
As if at a great feast, |
荒兮其未央哉!
|
Or climbing a spring terrace. |
众人熙熙,
|
I alone am still, |
如享太牢,
|
Untouched, like an infant before it smiles. |
如登春台。
|
I seem forlorn, |
我独泊兮其未兆,
|
As if I have no home. |
如婴儿之未孩。
|
Others have plenty, |
兮,若无所归。
|
I alone am empty. |
众人皆有馀,
|
I am a fool, so it seems, |
而我独若遗。
|
Confused and muddled. |
我愚人之心也哉!
|
Common folks are bright, |
沌沌兮。
|
I alone am dim. |
俗人昭昭,
|
Common folks are sharp, |
我独昏昏。
|
I alone am dull. |
俗人察察,
|
Drifting like the sea, |
我独闷闷。
|
Blowing aimlessly like the wind. |
澹兮其若海,
|
Everyone has a purpose, |
飉兮若无止。
|
I alone am ignorant. |
众人皆有以,
|
I am different from others, |
我独顽且鄙。
|
I cherish nourishment from the Great Mother. |